Monday 27 July 2009

My First Weekend A Rambling - 21miles down!

Hello!

I'm now 3 days into my training, and boy I realise now I need it! I knew my ramble would be hard work, but never thought it would be THIS much hard work! There is also a distint lack of mobile phone coverage along the path, so I'm sorry if I don't keep you as informed as I want to!

I have now walked from Minehead, via Porlock Weir and am currently having a rest stop in Lynmouth! I've walked just over 21 miles in total now.

Yesterday was VERY hard work! I walked from Porlock Weir to Lynmouth (12.3 miles/19.8km) It took me 9 hours and I didn't see a soul the entire time I was walking! The rain was relentless, and I was soaking for the entire leg! Each corner I turned there seemed to be another hill, each one bigger than the last, and it was really difficult to keep going and maintain any levels of motivation!

It was the first time I'd walked with the full weight of my bag on my back, and obviously with that being wet too it made it even more difficult! I didn't realise just how heavy all my stuff would be.

Other than the rain though everything is going well so far! My legs are now aching and I seemed to have hurt my achillies tendon this morning, but it's nothing too serious at the moment. Having said that, does anyone know any chiropractors close to me that could possibly come to help me out if necessary?!

I hope I reach that £10,000 target - that might help this be a lot more worthwhile! If you feel sorry for me, please sponsor me - www.justgiving.com/georgerix

Thank you!!

If you want to see where I am on my map, just visit here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=102404412113164124273.00046f3940148620ec4d4&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9 I'll try to update my location daily.

Tomorrow I'll be walking from Lynmouth to Ilfracombe which is another 18miles (30km!) I'm not sure I'll make it that far! I might have to pitch my tent along the way to rest for a bit!

Thanks in advance for all you sponsorship/encouragement! It looks as though I'm really going to need it!

George :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment